Southern United Title is positioned to develop and maintain flexible, professional relationships, not as a one dimensional title agency but as an innovative, full service title insurance company. An important component of our business is not just our service but what we can do to help along the way. These are some of the important elements we offer:
- One on one customer service
- Full cooperation with Home Buyers & Sellers, Lending institutions, Attorney’s, Realtors Builders and Developers
- Perform processing functions – (ordering title, survey, termites, payoffs, deeds, etc.)
- Perform corporate searches
- The examination and evaluation of the title to determine the insurability of the title
- The preparation and issuance of the title commitment
- The clearance of underwriting objections and the taking of those steps that are needed to satisfy any conditions to the issuance of the policies
- The handling and disbursement of the closing or settlement
- The preparation and issuance of the policy of title insurance underwritten by First American Title Insurance Company
- Additional services available upon request
What is Title Insurance?
Title Insurance protects you from monetary loss that is caused by defects or encumbrances on your title to the land that aren’t shown or discussed in your title policy. Title Insurance offers you protection, insuring you against unrecorded documents, fraud, question of survey, mechanics liens, and rights and claims of parties in possession. An owner’s policy protects you for as long as you own your title, own a mortgage from anyone who buys your land, or are liable for any warranties you make. In addition, an owner’s policy protects anyone who receives your title because of your death.
It insures the purchaser’s of real estate and mortgages against loss from defective titles, liens, and encumbrances.
Protecting purchasers against loss is accomplished by the issuance of a Title Insurance policy, which states that if the status of the title to a parcel of real property is other than as represented, and if the insured suffers a loss as a result of title defect, the insurer will reimburse the insured for that loss and any related legal expenses, up to the face amount of the policy.
Title Insurance differs significantly from other forms of insurance. While the functions of most other forms of insurance is risk assumption through the pooling of risks for losses arising out of unforeseen future events (such as death or accidents), the primary purpose of Title Insurance is to eliminate risks and prevent losses caused by defects in title arising out of events that have happened in the past. To achieve this goal, title insurers perform an extensive search of the public records to determine whether there are any adverse claims to the subject of real estate. Those claims are either eliminated prior to the issuance of a title policy or their existence is excepted from coverage.
Protect your home with Owner’s Title Insurance!